If you notice a smell of burning in your electrical system, it is important to take immediate action to prevent a potential electrical fire. The smell of burning could be caused by a variety of factors, including overheated wiring, a faulty appliance or device, or a problem with the electrical panel or circuit breaker.

If you smell burning in your electrical system, the first thing you should do is turn off the power to the affected area by switching off the circuit breaker or removing the fuse in the fuse box. This will help to prevent further damage to the electrical system and reduce the risk of an electrical fire.